- Fresh ginger, peeled, 1/2 oz./15g.
- Fresh mint, 1 oz.
- Fresh garlic, 1/2 oz./15g.
- Seedless Dates, 3 oz./100g.
- Tahini, 2 0z./60g.
- Salad oil, 6 oz./200ml.
- Salt, to taste.
- Chilled chicken stock (or water), 3 oz./100ml.
- Yogurt, strained, 1/2 cup/120ml.
- Combine all ingredients in blender EXCEPT stock/water and yogurt. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add the stock/water and the yogurt, and blend again.
- Strain if desired.
Gingered date sauce with a mottle of natural chicken jus, and a drizzle of Mint Gastrique.